SMOG Certification & Repairs
Greg’s Automotive Services - El Cajon Location Only
Greg’s Automotive is proud to offer auto repair service El Cajon locals depend upon, like brake repair, transmission repair, and full auto repair service. How have we built such an outstanding reputation? We treat our customers and our technicians with respect, and they stay with us for a very long time.
To keep current with the ever-changing world of auto repair services, our El Cajon team invests many personal hours studying the newest technology and engineering as it relates to brake repair, transmission repair, and all other auto repair services. As a result, our auto repair service team are Master-level technicians, ready to handle any brake repair, transmission repair, or auto repair service issue our El Cajon customers bring into our shop.
Want to make certain we are the best at what we do? Here is a recent 5-star online review from one of our loyal El Cajon clients about his experience with our brake repair, transmission repair, diesel service and auto repair services:
“The best shop in town! Competent, courteous, honest, and very fair prices. Get a Rewards Card and save even more!” — Larry B.
Greg’s Automotive is conveniently located at 1641 N Magnolia Ave, El Cajon, CA 92020. If you have questions about our brake repair, transmission repair, and other auto repair services, call (619) 440-4337 or go online to schedule an appointment. View the directions to our El Cajon brake repair and transmission repair facility.
Greg’s Automotive is an AAA Approved shop, and holds an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. We offer free shuttle service, special offers, and as Larry B. mentioned, a rewards program for our car maintenance customers. The friendly staff at Greg’s Automotive is ready to assist you and welcome you into our clean and comfortable waiting room. Our auto repair hours are from Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM.
- A 30 point maintenance inspection, on all vehicles that come through our auto service shop, just to make sure everything is in proper working order.
- 30K, 60K and 90K services
- Air Conditioning Service & Repair, including R-12 Systems and Refrigerant Retrofits
- Alignment, 2 wheel, 4 wheel, raised and lowered vehicles, trucks and some motorhomes
- Battery service, cables cleaning and hold downs
- Brake certification
- Brake repairs of all types
- Charging system diagnosis, troubleshooting and repair including batteries, starter and alternator repair/replacement Warranty center for Interstate Batteries
- Clutches and flywheel turning
- Computer control diagnosis, repair and replacement.
- Computer reprogramming as capabilities are released
- Cooling system diagnosis and repair including belts, hoses, radiator repair/replacement, water pumps, heaters and heater controls
- Diagnosis and repair of all type of fluid leaks
- Differential (rear end) repairs
- Driveabilty diagnosis and repair
- Engine analysis of all types
- Front wheel drive axles and axle boots
- Fuel injection service, diagnosis and repair. Electric fuel pump service and repair
- STAR Station: Consumer Assistance Program, certification of gross polluter’s as well as test-only failures
- Intermittent failure diagnosis and repair
- Lamp certification
- Light aiming and repair
- Manual transmission overhaul
- Oil and filter change, lubrication
- Smog Check: repairs and certification
- Suspension repairs
- Systems analysis
- Tires: sales, mounting and balancing, rotation and repairs
- Universal joint replacement, drive line service.
- Window regulators and lift motors
- Wiring repairs, chassis and engine, as well as lights and dashboard
Auto Service and Smog Check For Diesel Trucks
We also work with diesels. Our involvement with modern diesels is growing rapidly. Today’s clean diesels can offer better fuel economy and produce fewer greenhouse gases than some gas/electric hybrids. We service and repair an ever-increasing number of Ford, GM and Chrysler light truck diesels. From oil service to the more involved repairs, including injector cleaning and replacement, we do it.
Smog Check for diesels has recently been initiated. When we smog test a diesel, there is no tailpipe emissions test. We will be checking for computer codes and a snap smoke test. Also included is an under hood inspection. Be mindful that you should keep all documentation for aftermarket equipment with the vehicle (a photocopy will do), because without a documented EO or executive order, we must fail many pieces of aftermarket equipment you may have. Recently, aftermarket exhaust systems have come under scrutiny by the Air Resources Board for compliance.
Auto Service: Wheel Alignments, Brake System, Suspension
Besides our standard auto service and auto tune up process, we also perform comprehensive wheel alignments. Like your vehicle’s brake system, the steering and suspension systems are key safety-related systems. Together, they largely determine your vehicle’s ride and handling. Having your vehicle’s steering and suspension systems checked regularly, at least once a year and usually with a wheel alignment.
To learn more about any of our services, please call our El Cajon shop at (619) 440-4337 or our La Mesa shop at (619) 444-7993.